top of page

Moving To Canada

To become a Canadian, you must :

-Be Over 18

-Speak and write either one of the Canadian official languages [English or French]

-Be a permanent resident

-Be physically present in Canada for the minimum days within the required period set out by Canadian Citizenship and Immigration.

-Take the citizenship test

-Declare you will live in Canada after obtaining your citizenship


Here are some of the quicker ways to move to Canada and obtain citizemship


Going to school

In order to study in Canada, you will need to obtain a Canadian study permit or a student visa. A study permit allows you to study as well as switch between programs, and option to find part-time work while you study if you are a full time student so this may be a better option. For top schools and rankings, you can reference these sites:

-Top high schools in Toronto

-Top Universities in Canada


Marry a Canadian and get sponsored to Canada

You do not automatically become a Canadian citizen when you marry one. However, your spouse can sponsor you to become one if you are not a Canadian permanent resident.


Get a Canadian employer to sponsor your work permit

There is a type of work permit that is employer specific, which requires the name of your employer, location of the work and length of the employment. Work permits can be extended while on a permanent resident application.

Buying and Investing Property In Toronto

bottom of page